When making any french toast recipe you can easily turn it into gluten-free french toast. Simply use gluten-free bread rather than multigrain or white. You can also make your french toast dairy free french toast by using coconut or almond milk instead of traditional milk. Most french toast recipes are a sweet breakfast food. You can use a variety of ideas to make it really fun and create your very own recipe.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet. Add bananas and sauté for 3 minutes. Add Nature's Eats Walnuts and honey. Continue to sauté for another minute, then remove from heat. Place to the side to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, then add coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until thoroughly blended, then pour into a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Coat the inside of a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Take a slice of bread and dip into the egg mixture, thoroughly coating the bread on both sides. Place slice in skillet. Continue to add more slices, and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Top each slice with banana mixture and maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Each bite of this recipe tastes so delicious! It has an amazing sweet flavor, and crunch from the black walnuts along with their bitter taste. The black walnuts pair nicely with the sweetness of the fruit and honey. It is hard to believe that this is breakfast as it is so tasty, just like dessert.
, Gluten Free Recipes
, Healthy Recipes
, Lactose-Free Recipes
, Pies and Desserts
, Walnut Recipes