Making cream puffs is a culinary art, from making the outer mini puff shell to whipping up the delectable creamy filling for the center. Cream puffs are not always easy to prepare, but don’t let that keep you from trying! Just be patient when you make these Vegan Mini Cream Puffs, even if you are a beginner baker.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whip together egg replacer using either a mixer or Vitamix machine until you get a whipped and thick consistency.
- Add the outer dough ingredients, then whip consistently until a thick dough has formed.
- Transfer dough into a quart-size plastic bag and cut the corner of the bag. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze out dough (in approximately 2 tablespoon sized drops) on 1-2 baking sheets. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The tops should be slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow puffs to cool.
- For the filling, use a Vitamix machine or a mixer to whip the coconut cream and powdered sugar on medium for about 1 minute.
- Add vanilla and then run on high until cream thickens. Place in fridge to continue thickening for 30 minutes.
- Put the filling cream in a separate quart-size plastic bag. Right before using cut the corner of the bag.
- Make an incision in the bottom of each mini cream puff pastry and then use the whipped filling to squeeze into each puff in the place of the incision. You can also cut off ¾ top of each puff and insert the filling that way.
- After filling the mini puffs, you can store in the fridge until ready to serve.
These mini puffs have a spongy texture and light sweetness from the coconut cream filling. They emulate traditional cream puffs minus the gluten, and that’s great news.
RelatedAlmond Flour Recipes
, Gluten Free Recipes
, Healthy Recipes
, Pies and Desserts