Annie's Apricot Tarts
- 2 bags Nature's Eats Dried Apricots
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- Sugar glaze:
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 box sifted powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Warm apricot covered in a sweet vanilla glaze, perfect for a rainy day.
Cover Nature's Eats Dried Apricots with water and cook on medium heat for 45 min. Add sugar at 40 mins. and cook together last 5 mins.
Mix apricots in blender until in spread form. Mix in butter, cream cheese, flour and sugar. Roll out pastry on floured board.
Cut with donut cutter without insert. Fill with 1 teaspoon apricot filling. Fold over into half circle, wet tines of fork and press together.
Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
For glaze blend together glaze ingredients and spread over warm tarts. Makes enough glaze to double the recipe.