Panko and Pecan Crusted Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon paprika, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 2 - 8 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces or Pecan Cookie Pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into slices
- 1 cucumber, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2 red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 sliced peeled ripe avocado
- Mixed greens
- Nature's Eats Sun Dried Tomatoes
So delicious, dressing is optional!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, ¼ tsp. paprika, and ¼ tsp. ground red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Combine remaining ¼ tsp. paprika, remaining ¼ tsp. ground red pepper, Nature's Eats Pecan Pieces or Pecan Cookie Pieces, and panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with ¼ tsp. salt. Dredge chicken in panko-pecan mixture.
Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil to drippings in pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes each side or until golden brown and done.
Slice chicken and serve over mixed greens with sliced tomatoes or Nature's Eats Sun Dried Tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocados. Drizzle with dressing of your choice if desired. Garnish with more pecans.